Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2008-05-06 : Arsenal v Everton

Dear Supporter,
You could see that Sunday's game against Everton was an end of season match, especially because Everton did not open up at all. They played with Andy Johnson up front but we were sound at the back.

We didn't create as many chances as usual and our fluency was a bit difficult sometimes but we scored a great goal and, in the end, I think we just about deserved the win. Everton didn't create a lot.

Nicklas Bendtner scored our winning goal and I think he was fantastic. If you look at Bendtner on August 1 last year and Bendtner on May 1 this year there is a massive difference.

He has become a good player, just look at the chances he has created in the time he plays, and the times he has scored, especially the goal he scored against Everton. You need to understand the game to appreciate him because he's on the move, he meets the ball, he finishes well. I'm impressed by him.

Cesc Fabregas did not play because he came in on Saturday morning with an injury. He had a scan and he will be out for three weeks. That means he won't play for us again this season but he will be ready for Spain at Euro 2008.

Of course, Sunday was a farewell for Jens Lehmann. I brought him on as a substitute because I wanted him to say goodbye to the fans. I wanted to show him that we respect him for what he has done for us. He is a 100 per cent professional, not always an easy character but you take that if the guy is committed every day.

Gilberto also played against Everton and I would like him to stay, but I have to sit down with him to see what he wants to do.

Gilberto is like Jens Lehmann, you can rely on them, they are fantastic professionals. Gilberto is a fantastic guy. We won trophies with Gilberto and Jens because they are special human beings. You do not win with average people.

Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment