Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2007-09-17 : Tottenham v Arsenal

Dear Supporter,
I was very pleased with the quality of our performance at Tottenham. We showed mental strength as well as togetherness after going a goal down.

Even though we trailed at half time I could not fault the team. I thought we had played well but, up to that point, we had not taken our chances. I thought that if we kept the pace of our game high then we'd have a good chance to win. That's what happened.

I was a bit disappointed with the opening goal from Gareth Bale. It was a left-footed player taking a free kick just around the wall and when I saw it again on TV it looked like it hit the post, which would have made it a bit difficult for the keeper. But maybe our wall should have been better placed.

Cesc Fabregas set up two goals and scored once again. This season he can't stop scoring whereas before he could not score enough. That shows the importance of what goes on in your head.

As for the Tottenham manager Martin Jol, I don't know the situation he is in. You can only read what the newspapers say. But I always have sympathy for people going through bad periods. It happened to me and everybody else. This is when clubs have to be solid and support their manager.

We finished the weekend at the top of the Premier League table. I was optimistic we could start the season well and I thought it was very important to do that because we needed to strengthen the belief in the squad after losing Thierry Henry.

Of course we have not forgotten about Thierry but we have shown that the team is blossoming and growing. That was planned of course but you never know how fast it will happen.

Finally, some injury news ahead of Wednesday's Champions League game against Sevilla. Philippe Senderos is available after suspension and Lassana Diarra is also available. William Gallas, Emmanuel Eboue and Jens Lehmann will not be back.

Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment