Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2008-02-04 : Manchester City v Arsenal

Dear Supporter,

Overall, we controlled Saturday's game and scored some very good goals.

It's true that we lost a fraction of concentration after our second goal and Manchester City came back to 2-1. From then on it was a case of not making a mistake at the back and trying as quickly as possible to get the third goal.

Man City waited until the last 15 minutes to bring their strikers on but then the game opened up and we got the third goal and overall, I think it was a deserved win.

Emmanuel Adebayor scored two more goals and, I must say, I’m glad in every match that he stayed at home with us after Togo failed to qualify for the African Cup of Nations.

I have been asked whether I would swap Adebayor for Ronaldo right now but I don't consider issues like that. I have a lot of respect for Ronaldo but I am happy with the players I have.

Anyway, they are different types of players. I believe that Ronaldo is more of a winger type and Adebayor is a real centre forward. He has made a big improvement this season and has been remarkably consistent. He scored twice and had a big impact on two very good Man City centre backs on Saturday.

How has Adebayor improved? His movement off the ball, his finishing, his calmness are all better. Perhaps when he first came to us he was not really composed in front of goal. Now he looks really composed. He has great stamina plus great strength and power. He just loves to play.

When you have been in the job a long time you don't set limits on players like Adebayor. Human beings can always surprise you and you accept that. His form is linked with his mental state and he is happy.

Above all there is a great understanding in the team. That makes people more comfortable and confident and that is where you see the best of the team.

Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment