Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2011-04-24 : Bolton Wanderers 2 - 1 Arsenal

Wenger: 'We must give our best until the end of the season'

Dear Arsenal Supporter,

Sunday's defeat at Bolton was as frustrating for me as it was for the fans.

In games like that it is important not to be 1-0 down. We came back to 1-1 and had chances to make it 2-1 and 3-1. We had given so much, physically, that in the end we did not have the concentration to stop the corner.

It is very frustrating because we should have nine points from this week's games against Liverpool, Tottenham and Bolton but we have two. That's to some degree the story of our season.

Our chances of winning the title are very minimal now, that is for sure. But we have to continue to fight. It is true that we have dropped too many points but we must give our best until the end of the season.

I feel the players have shown an outstanding attitude during the whole season and they are not to blame for what has happened. If there is someone to blame, it is me. I pick the team and I choose the players.

A very promising season has become very unsatisfactory because that is one of the easiest run-ins we have had for a long time. We didn't take our chances many times during the season and that is frustrating because you feel that the potential is there.

But we live in a job where you have to take your chances and be realistic. We still lack something and that is maturity, experience and calmness in important situations.

I have been asked if I will change my principles and if you can convince me that my principles are wrong, then I am ready to change. But I feel we try to play football the proper way. When you don't win, your principles are questioned.

You always have to take the right distance to see what is right and wrong in what you do. I think if something is wrong in our team, it is not the principle of playing our football the way we do.

I am convinced we are a very good footballing side. We have not been stable enough defensively. The numbers show that. We have conceded six goals this week at a moment where you cannot afford to conceded six goals in three games and still win the championship.

Thanks for your support.

Arsène Wenger

No comments:

Post a Comment