Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

2011-03-05 : Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland

Wenger: 'We lacked a bit of sharpness'

Dear Arsenal Supporter,

Although we did not win on Saturday I was happy with the performance.

I feel defensively we were very good, we gave a lot physically but we lacked a bit of creativity and sharpness in the final third so we didn't manage to score.

We had two decisions go against us as well and they punished us severely, especially the offside that was given against Andrey Arshavin near the end. To win 1-0 on Saturday would have been important and the only thing I can say is that Andrey was not offside.

The same player could have had a penalty earlier in the second half and I think he did the right thing to try and stay on his feet. But it was clear that Titus Bramble was beaten when he came back at Andrey.

Saturday was our 46th game of the season and I cannot fault the players' attitude. It's true that we had problems to find our fluency today and I put that down to the quality of Sunderland's defending as well as our lack of sharpness. They marked us man-to-man and we missed some offensive players who could have had an impact.

But I think we have now eight wins and three draws in our last 11 League games - so we are quite consistent with our results. What we have to do now is focus on Tuesday night and Barcelona.

Thanks for your support.

Arsène Wenger

No comments:

Post a Comment