Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

2010-05-03 : Blackburn Rovers 2 - 1 Arsenal

Wenger: Let's finish the season on a high

Dear Arsenal Supporter,

We are obviously all very disappointed to have lost at Blackburn on Monday evening.

Something has gone from our belief now we are no longer in the title race. We tried to do well at Blackburn but you can see that something is missing. That is the belief to go for something and that's why I believe we have lost the last two games.

I thought it was a poor game on Monday and in my opinion there were fouls in the build-up to both Blackburn goals.

I don't know if Blackburn targeted Lukasz Fabianski but he had no chance to go for the ball on the winning goal because he was pushed. The two players in front of him every time did not even watch the ball.

When it is a foul, calling a foul is enough protection for keepers and I am disappointed the referee let that happen. As a keeper, when you jump into the air and are unbalanced by a push, what can you do? It is a pity because I thought Fabianski had a good game.

I believe as well, we were unlucky because there was a clear penalty on Robin van Persie in the second half when the score was 1-1. But overall we were not at our best. The fact is that Blackburn defended well and they were sharper in the duels and in the fights than us. And then it becomes very difficult to win football games.

There is one game to go now, at home, so let's finish the season on a high. We know that Tottenham can still catch us but we do not have to worry about them or Manchester City. We have to worry about us and finish the season well.

Thanks for your support.

Arsène Wenger

No comments:

Post a Comment